Saturday, October 16, 2010

Starting from Scratch

So many things have transpired since I last posted in May it seems that the most efficient thing to do would be to write an outline:

June-We moved into a small space in order to save money for our move in the summer of 2011
July-Try as we might the space did not feel like home. My dearest husband was truly unhappy in his job therefore things were more stressful at home.
August-My husband came home and said that things were not working out at his job as we planned.. What to do?? We wrote a long pro/con list and realized we do everything in a crazy manner. Why not move in three weeks.. Not across the street or to a new local town. From ALASKA to wherever in the world God wants us to be. There were many tears, sleepless nights and finally the decision to jump in full force and see where God would lead us.
In three weeks we sold almost everything we owned and were able to have the funds to put the rest in a 5x8 trailer and drive thousands of miles.
September-September found us driving through the Yukon Territory, Calgary, Alberta, Edmonton and ending up in Osburn, Idaho to spend time with my in-laws. We then traveled to Colorado for job interviews.
October-Then to Midway, Utah to spend time with my best friend of 20 years. We are now in Idaho packing up our things here. Blessings beyond belief came in the form of a job offer for myself in Fort Collins, Colorado. My husband and I are in amazement that we will get to live in the place we love so much once again. I can not wait to decorate our new home and settle in!
There will be many posts to come of all the wonderful things we have found a long our journey
Ov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
I am married to my knight in shining armor and we have two amazing boys. J is 10 going on 16 :) and K is 3 and always trying to make you laugh. We have recently moved from our hometown of North Pole, Alaska to Colorado. We will be documenting the process as start over and create our life and our new home.